Pete Lee

Friday, June 02, 2006

Cornhusker Safari

I'm writing this missive to you from the campus of the University of Nebraska Lincoln. That's right, the home of the Cornhuskers. As much as I'd like to make fun of them, they do have a pretty nifty campus, and some cool art and music events going on here.

That said, based on the weird looks I regularly get around town (whaddya mean, you don't see many Korean guys in Aloha shirts?) I don't think this is going to be my #1 pick for an out-of-state campus (UW's Nursing program in Seattle or one in the Bay Area would be it).

My mission for this trip: avoid all arguments with family, and find a good butcher to buy steaks from to bring back for friends (the somewhat fetching co-eds are too big for carry on, sadly).

2 Comments:

  • Nebraska? WTF? I mean I know that Koreans love Boise and all that, but Nebraska? Sh*t, brother, come to Dallas, we'll feed you some drinks, show the prairie and it'll look just like Nebraska. Promise.

    Oh, except for that little family thing. Damn.

    Say Hi to the cornfields for me.

    By Blogger Doug, at Friday, June 02, 2006 3:59:00 PM  

  • The people in the midwest are good peoples...generally. Try and make it into Kansas. You'll most definetly notice the reduced prices for beer if you end up going out.

    By Blogger Marcus, at Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home