Pete Lee

Monday, March 27, 2006

Much better

It's amazing what nine hours of sleep can do. I woke up this morning feeling much better, with hopes that this cold is more along the lines of the 72-hour-crud and not the stomach flu that my project manager is sick with. He warned us he wouldn't be back until Wednesday, a remarkable statement since he's a limitless font of energy at work.

I discovered this weekend that, much like a fine cheese, one can't just roll into any old store and get duplicate keys for my cave-aged Volvo. The manager of my parking garage referred me to his favorite locksmith downtown. The seemingly mundane ten block walk I was expecting turned out to be a stroke of serendipity: Portland was being blessed with a beautiful day. I took a moment to feel the gentle caress of a cool breeze on my face, and contemplate how lucky I was to live in a city with so many beautiful friends.

I was also grateful to have a knowledgeable locksmith cutting my keys. She noted that there was a problem with my original key, and that the slight bend in it and a crack were signs of impending breakage. I took two keys, and was grateful for her advice; she probably saved me from the horrors of dealing with a key broken off in my door or ignition switch.

Not a bad day!

2 Comments:

  • Hey, where's the love for your ugly friends in Texas?

    (BTW, I'm in our office here in the LBC today, and it's windy and raining like a MoFo. Feel like I'm back in PDX.)

    By Anonymous pdx_refugee, at Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:43:00 PM  

  • Hey, the only ugly friends I have in Texas are Ken and Jeff (Skilling).

    Hope you can trade that Enron mug for a nice shiv, Jeff--you may need one from disgruntled cell mates at Club Fed.

    By Blogger PeteLee, at Thursday, March 30, 2006 12:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home