Pete Lee

Monday, February 06, 2006

I Spy

I had some time between studies this weekend to steal one of Rose's books to read during the afternoon. Blowing My Cover is an excellent story about a young CIA case officer, and how she managed to avoid The Dark Side. It's a relatively quick read, and makes for a very fulfilling Saturday book reading marathon.

For espionage and politico-types, I can also recommend Man Without A Face, the memoirs of Markus Wolf, a spymaster for East Germany. Exceptional political observations, as well as rather funny pictures of himself with CIA staff he knew of--but never met in person--whilst on the DDR payroll.

6 Comments:

  • CIA? You never returned my phone message about sleeping quarters in the Prague Clown and Bard hostel!!!

    By Blogger Jonathan, at Monday, February 06, 2006 5:58:00 PM  

  • Yeah dude... maybe you ARE a spy.

    Pete Lee, Codename: "Seoul Man".

    By Blogger Marcus, at Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:08:00 PM  

  • Jon: Ack! I totally forgot about that. When are you going to Prague (I'm assuming with Marco.)

    The Clown and Bard is fun from the standpoint that it's definately lower rent (and they have a bar built in to the joint). The bad part is that they're about a 10 minute subway ride+walk from Wenceslaus Square (Vaclavski Namesti).

    They do have a neat club (Acropolis) and a nifty American bar (The Blind Eye), which appears to have been in the news lately:
    http://www.praguepost.com/P03/2005/Art/1215/news7.php

    Here's where I'd probably stay if I went again:
    http://www.travellers.cz/en/dlouha.php

    Here's what I'd do, out of the options there (definately ask around for other accommodations):
    Private shower, double room, 650 CZK or 21.3€ per person.

    $60/night strikes me as a bit steep, but that's right by some really good clubs and it's a fun area.

    By Blogger PeteLee, at Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:58:00 PM  

  • Marco, you're not supposed to tell people! I guess it's back to my real job of holding mikes for indie films.

    By Blogger PeteLee, at Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:59:00 PM  

  • "Yeah - you gotta go see The Korean"

    By Anonymous pdx_refugee, at Wednesday, February 08, 2006 11:56:00 AM  

  • peter what,s up, yea it's your bro John. Bro JOhn? that sounds weird, dude you have a blog, dang whats with that user picture hahah... do you really where that every night? Anyways hit me back peace.

    By Blogger BBQCHICKENROBOT, at Monday, February 20, 2006 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home