Pete Lee

Sunday, December 18, 2005

One Term Down, Two Left. Oh yeah--and SantaCon!

Well, I've survived my first term of Human A&P with an A. I'm excited, as this will help make my application to Pill Hill's Nursing Program much more competitive. Thanks to everyone who has supported me through this crucial first step...

In other news, I could hardly think of a better way to kick of the Winter break than with SantaCon. Okay, so this year there was some bad PR, but the one in Portland went off very smoothly.

This year, Korean Santa (aka "Santa Craus") had the pleasure of doing SantaCon with "Mrs. Craus"--my lovely girlfriend Rose in the matching Chinese silk dress. Good stuff!

SantaCon isn't just about copping a nice buzz (a critical part of it, but I digress). One of my favorite activities involves handing out Asian Santa candy to the kids. That went splendidly, excepting one incident at Meier & Frank:

SANTA PETE to PARENTS: Can I give your child some candy? (Permission's important, IMHO)

MEIER & FRANK SECURITY:
No, you may not give the children candy.

Sheesh! Saying that to someone dressed up like Santa (with about 150 others) has got to be great PR. That said, I smiled and moved along: we make it a point to avoid causing store security and the police grief.

Interestingly enough, we did the same going through Powell's Bookstore, without a hitch. Nobody messed with Santa, ergo, nobody got hurt. See, easy stuff, really!

2 Comments:

  • Santa Craus...I love it. Wish I could have been there fot THAT! Also digging the matching silk robes. It's looking to be a surprisingly UN-WHITE Christmas up here in Anchorage. A recent warm spell has melted most of the snow on the ground. Also, amazingly, my dad's lawn is still green! HO HO HO.

    By Blogger Marcus, at Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:43:00 PM  

  • Hell yes! And believe you me, we got our "NOG" on :-)

    By Blogger PeteLee, at Thursday, December 22, 2005 5:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home