Pete Lee

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Just like Frankie said...

And now, the end is near. Okay, so the song really goes here and not near, but after having sung My Way at karaoke nearly every week for almost three years, I think I'm entitled to some artistic license (or licentiousness, as the case may be).

I'm exceedingly happy that my first term of Human Anatomy & Physiology is almost over. I survived my last hellish midterm (muscle physiology and action potentials) and ended up at an A- overall. I've only got one final exam left, which is mercifully more predictable as it covers only the items on the three midterms. Unmercifully, Dr. Ed will be using all the questions that everyone missed. Oh, snap!

Despite the fact that my professor is perhaps more difficult than most, I have to credit him for his hard work: he makes himself available quite a lot for one-on-one or small group discussions, and teaches us relatively new developments in physiology. The "more difficult" part comes in because missing a lecture is academic suicide: he mentions new research material not found in textbooks that invariably lands in exams. His take on the matter is that anyone going on to med or nursing school will be better prepared with his mode of teaching. I'm hard pressed to disagree with the wisdom of this.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to wrapping up this byatch, and spending some relaxed time with my girlfriend that doesn't involve burying my head in a book. Finally, I can do stuff on weekends and not feel all jonesy about school!

Portland people: what are you guys doing during the Christmas holidaze?

1 Comments:

  • Hey Pete, I will help you celebrate being out of school over the holidays. Oh, and you have to come to my bday party on January 7th too. We are likely doing one of those annoying E-vites, so stay tuned.

    By Blogger Sarah, at Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home