Pete Lee

Thursday, December 08, 2005

eBay & Cellular Oasis

12-8-2005 UPDATE: Minutes after I posted my negative feedback, I see a reply on the Feedback page: "No contact from buyer. Item was shipped within 24 hours". Uh, huh, sure. I recommend you try calling 1-866-54-OASIS and check out their "24/7 Customer Service."

12-9-2005 UPDATE: In a strange twist of fate, I received the package yesterday. First off, the comment left by Cellular Oasis was WRONG! This item was NOT shipped within 24 hours: the shipping label clearly states that it was shipped on 12/6/2005. That's about, oh, seven days off. And, to add insult to injury, they didn't send me the car charger they promised. I ended up with some earbud headset--a design I never use. Pffft! To their credit, the data cable does work, and I was able to make a data connection. Thank god.
See tracking information for yourself:
1) Go to usps.com.
2) Enter this tracking number:
4209 7239 9101 0105 2129 7948 4402 81
I'll be contacting Cellular Oasis--stay tuned!

------------------------

I've purchased some items from eBay, Half.com, and Amazon, and have had excellent experiences overall. Unfortunately, one recent purchase is becoming a serious nightmare:

I decided that I wanted a data cable to use with my Sprint Sanyo 8100 phone. The one offered by Cellular Oasis on eBay appeared to be a good choice.

A timeline:

1) I receive an e-mail on November 28 at 11:24 AM indicating that Ilana@cellularoasis.com has received my payment of $18.32 for a data cable, a CD with a driver for the phone, and a bonus car charger. Sounds good by me!

2) I receive several messages from the sales@cellularoasis.com indicating that all is well, I won the item, etc. Sounds great.

3) Eight calendar days later, on December 6th, I ask for a tracking number. No big deal--the seller asked all purchasers to wait seven days prior to asking about anything. My house, beginning with the infamous zero (021 SW Bancroft) sometimes eludes the post office, UPS and FedEx. No response.

4) Over the next two days, I'm asked (by automated e-mail) to resend all requests to TWO DIFFERENT e-mail addresses. Which I do. No response. And did I mention, no package yet?

5) I'm starting to get concerned. I decided that perhaps I should call the toll-free number they list (866-54OASIS) listed on their website as well as their eBay ad. The number rings about ten times, then some cryptic machine voice tells me that there are zero messages. Or something like that. This does not sound like the 24/7 customer service that their web site touted.

Sigh. Mercifully, there appears to be protection offered by PayPal. This won't stop me from using eBay or like sites, but this is definately a case of Caveat Emptor.

6 Comments:

  • I had the same problem with these jerks! I am right behind you with leaving negative feedback.

    Tey this other number I found for them - 407-925-6672

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:05:00 PM  

  • It should be TRY this other number. Sorry for the typo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:06:00 PM  

  • Pete, "eBay" must be latin for "easy way to get f*cked".

    By Anonymous pdx_refugee, at Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:48:00 AM  

  • i had a problem with them too! i got the data cable in a descent amount of time but it didn't work like it was supposed to! it wouldn't put ringtones on my phone!!! i will definitely NEVER EVER do business with them ever again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 12, 2005 9:18:00 PM  

  • I had the same experience with celluaroasis, but in my case their data cable fried the charging mechanism on my phone. I was able to talk to someone on the phone once, but was on the interstate and asked if I could call back when I got home and (Illana) said that would be fine. Well I tried to call that night and several nights afterwards and they refused to return my call. I also e-mailed them numerous times as well. They had the nerve to leave feedback saying I never contacted them. All they want to do is play the blame game and try to make it sound as if it is your fault the transaction went bad. Just this past month they have accrued 161 negative feedback (that should tell e-bay something) Also 10 of those (too include myself) had to go to paypal to get a refund because they wouldn't give me one. Lets hope that e-bay gets wise to these scam artists and kicks them off soon. Sorry for all the trouble you had Pete, but I am glad it all worked out for you.

    By Anonymous csn_fan, at Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:11:00 AM  

  • Here is the e-mail I sent to them


    Ilana,
    I would just like to thank you for NOTHING. I have been dealing in customer service for the past 15 years and have never recieved service like I did from your company. The whole thing could have been resolved if you would have just sent a replacement cable (which I am sure didn't cost you hardly anything), but instead you just to play the blame game and lie about everything. I went through and looked at all your bad feedback and it is all the same, the customer voices an honest concern and you come back with Ridiculous, we have sold 1000's and no problem plus no contact should have been positive. Did you ever stop and think that maybe you do on occasion sell a bad product and maybe, just maybe it is your fault. If you would spend as much taking care of your customer as you do defending yourself then maybe you wouldn't have so many bad feedback. I contacted you between phone calls and e-mails ten times and you only once contacted me, and then you have the nerve to say I never contacted you in your feedback The first e-mail I used sales@celluaroasis.com was sent back by your company and I was asked to send future e-mails to dan@celluaroasis.com so that is what I did. When I recieved no response I called the number that was listed and was able to talk to you one time, but I was on the interstate and I asked if I could call you back when I got home and you said that was fine that you would be there until 4 that morning. When I tried to call you back that night and several nights afterwards you refused to return my call, but since you held all the cards I was at your mercy. I have noticed that I was not the only one who had to turn you over to paypal to get a refund so this is not the first time you have tried to scam innocent people. On top of all that, we sent the cable back to you, but as of this morning you have refused to pick it up (out of spite I am sure) I will make sure that I tell everyone I know not to do business with your company and I will also make sure they know how difficult you are to deal with. I hope that you will change your business practices before e-bay kicks you off its site, because the way you are going I can see that in your future. Thank you again for nothing and I look forward to never doing business with your company again.

    By Anonymous csn_fan, at Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home